History   |   Objectives   |   County History   |   Board of Directors   |   Membership   |   Presentations   |   Cemeteries
       
 
Granville County Flag
Granville County Flag

History

Objectives

County History

Board of Directors

Membership

Presentations

Cemeteries


Granville County Flag

The first county flag to be approved by the State of North Carolina was the flag of Granville County in 1964. The design of white diamonds on a crimson field was taken from the coat of arms of the John Carteret known as the Earl of Granville, for who Granville County was named in 1746.

This information has been taken from the Heritage and Homesteads: The History and Architecture of Granville County, North Carolina.
Published by: The Granville County Historical Society, Inc.

Following the Flag below are four articles that appeared in 1964 detailing how the flag was presented to Granville County and a Resolution adopted by Granville County in July 1964.



Questions or comments send to: admin@gcgs.org
 

Courthouse Oxford

John Penn Marker
C G Credle School
C.G. Credle School


 

Copyright © 2000-2013 Granville County Genealogical Society 1746, Inc. All Rights Reserved.